Staying at Sakara offers visitors the privacy and convenience of having their own apartment or house during their stay in Kyoto, while knowing that assistance is only a phone call or text message away. The staff is friendly and bilingual, so you can be sure that the reservations process will be smooth, and we are devoted to sharing our insider knowledge of Kyoto. The central and historical Higashiyama area was specifically chosen for several reasons; it is the home of Japanese Buddhism, there is convenient access to pubilc transportation, and downtown is walking distance away. A stay at Sakara is the best way to experience Kyoto and make the most of your time in the Old Capital.
Sakara Kyoto offers several types of holiday accommodation in Kyoto to suit your needs. The Sakara Inn has double rooms, perfect for couples, and family suites for larger groups.
• Two minutes from Kyoto Subway Higashiyama Station Exit #2 (Sakara is on the area map outside the subway station)
• In the Furukawa pedestrian shopping arcade.
• Kyoto bus: Hiagashiyama Sanjo bus stop
• Taxi from Kyoto Station: under 2,000 yen.
• Sakara does not have a parking area, but there are nearby hourly or daily pay-parking areas.
From SAKARA KYOTO, a 3-minute walk.
The Sakara Gion Machiya is a luxurious private home rental suitable for up to six guests.
Baby bed available for Sakara Gion machiya and Sakara White Crane machiya:
There is a baby bed set (crib/cot) that is available in the Gion machiya townhouse for families with babies or small children, for an extra charge of
1,000 yen. Stylish, clean, and safe, made in Japan. Not suitable for children over 20 kg. or heavy luggage. If you would like to reserve it, please contact us. If you would like to reserve it, please contact us.
• Five minute walk from Subway Higashiyama Station Exit #2
• On the historic ‘Furumonzen-dori’ (old gate street)
• 50 meters west of Bus stop Chion-in Mae
• Taxi from Kyoto station: under 1700 yen.